Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Something I Wish I Did: More Scripture Songs

Image result for music noteLooking back, I wish I had found ways to play more music for my kids.  And specifically, I wish I had played songs based on verses from the Bible.  We did some of that, but due to some various technology-lacking factors, I mostly relied on CD's... and these often got scratched and lost.  We had one central CD player, and despite my efforts to purchase some additional players for the kids' rooms, the cords kept getting lost, batteries removed or depleted, etc.  All that to say, we didn't play as much music as I wish we had.

Kids brains are so amazing when they are young, and when I think of how many things my kids have memorized because they were set to song, I wish we had taken greater advantage of pumping more of God's Word into them at young ages.

The ones we did do, we loved.  Songs for Saplings and Hide 'Em in Your Heart were good.  But I know there were plenty we never listened to. 

Perhaps others could comment and share which music has been helpful for their families?

No comments:

Post a Comment